Case Study


Originally created for a personal study, but then I decided to take it further and attempted to create a photorealistic portrait of a woman. The intention was to make it as simple as possible, so it feels like a real person, but without the need for a lot of character development.



For this portrait I created a new high resolution eye (I have a couple different ones in my library). However, this time I took macro images of my own and my wife’s eyes to get the most realistic textures possible, mainly for the sclera and iris. I also created a new model for them to fit the new textures.

Turntable WIP for the new eye
Something Something
Clay render